What would you do if you won the lottery prize?
A rhetorical question, that I no doubt think every individual would of thought about at least a few times in their lifetime. I know I do at least weekly. Or far too many times despite not really doing the lottery myself.
I partake in the lottery occasionally but not obsessively. I use the very simple app, which is very easy to use and great because you can set limits etc. This is by no means an ad or sponsorship, just an app I rarely use in my life. I’d love to take this moment to say, how important it is, to gamble responsibly whether you are 16 or 21+ (the legal age in the UK is 16 to do the lottery).
Most often I daydream about how I would spend spend the money, if I was ever so lucky. Here is my lowdown of how I would spend such money. This would apply to the lottery draws like the national lottery draw and the euro millions, not the draws like set for life, or huge cash prizes on scratch cards.
- Firstly I would set up to half the grand total back into a savings bank account. The idea behand this is to make to make the money last, and passively build up over time, with a good interest rate.
- Secondly, I would put at least a couple of thousand back into a trust fund type of account for my son. This would also build up over time, and create a financial peace of mind, so I wouldn’t hugely have to stress about making sure my son is set, for future endeavours.
- Thirdly, I would pay off all my outstanding debts in one go. I won’t divulge how much manageable debt I have, but I would always use any lottery winnings to settle these debts, between educational loans, personal finances, credit cards etc.
- Furthermore, either a chunk of money would be used as a house deposit at least. Or I would buy a modest house outright for me and my son, this would be at least 3 bedrooms, with a garage, driveway, garden and a downstairs washroom. I wouldn’t choose to spend like millions, as I’d be conscious of running and additional house related costs.
- I’d split a chunk of about £300k to gift to family, most going to my mum, but also to give a couple of thousand to my sister, brother and nan. In order to help support them and show my gratitude of how much they’ve helped myself.
The above would be the priority decisions I would make. Of course all while still working whichever job I am employed in at the time of a lucky win. Additionally the next list, is five things I would treat or spoil myself with left over winnings after splitting money for my priority list.
- Firstly, I would for sure by my dream car. I have wrote about my dream car in the past, I will link it here for you guys to visit and see. I would still by this second hand, but it would be a dream come true to own one.
- Secondly, I’d invest a couple of hundred back into my blog. This would help support turning my blog into a full time career, I dream to have, or at least a little side passive income.
- Thirdly, I’d donate a couple of hundred to a few charities, mainly the ones myself and my son support regularly in our pageant journeys, such as Mind, Cancer Research UK and The Salvation Army. I will link these charities to the bottom of this post, should you want to visit.
- Next I would invest in a little shopping spree and overhauling my wardrobe. A lot of my style is dated, much is band tees and skinnies, like the stereotyped ‘millennial’ style.
- Lastly, I would book a few holidays of course financial dependent. I would for sure work on a plan to travel the world, as safely and maybe twice a year. Not necessarily all luxury 5 star experiences and hotels, maybe the odd one, but I wouldn’t largely splurge.
- Mind Charity: www.mind.org.uk/
- The Salvation Army: www.salvationarmy.org.uk/
- Cancer Research UK: www.cancerresearchuk.org/
Thank you for reading ~ RebeccaKLxo